30.9.06

Of Mecha and Men




Okay. I have some catching up to do and Hawkeye is getting impatiant. I think the most important this I have to post here to day is Moko. I know, it's Moko again. Whatever. He just finished his long-drawn out Project G. G for gecko? No, G for GODZILLA!!!! Oh my god. When I first saw this, I was at the pinnacle of enlightenment you can get by spedning time talking to shady people online about child-like hobbies. Okay, most aren't really shady, and Lego isn't childlike to me. But that's beside the point, and the point is, THIS THING IS FREAKING AWESOME. So much curvature... so much spines on back... so much black plates... it's just great! I only have 2 dislikes. The head seems too small (can't eat enough crazy japanese minifigs at once) and the feet look too blocky. Even so, this guy gives me shivers of happyness.

Next up is something my Micah Berger. Micah usually builds small animal-like things using cool techniques to make them at to-scale while maintaining posability. His most recent is no exception, I present: SQUIDHEAD. Now he's just plain nifty. With those tencacly-fingers and weird face tentacle design (isn't that awesome?), he's just so nice and evil looking. I think I'm going to attempt to make him, and then use him in brickwars as the cousin of Brickthulu.

And now, in celebration of my lazyness, I present to you the first ever RLOSIDWTTA!
(Random list of stuff I don't want to talk about)
-Legohaulics AT-RT
-Legokinsfolk Skeleton Centaur
-Peter Reids Mycroft Bot
-END-

Recently on Classic-Space, there has been a discussion about Japanese Builders. For the most part, it's been about our favorite nippon lego maniac, how their culture is different than ours, and how we might find a way to speak with them easily.
Now, Japanese builder like Mecha. There is no doubt. So here's another RLOSIDWTTA for Japanese Mecha ONLY (because they're awesome)
-Mumu's MS002
-Izzo's Height operator
-Jehkay's Exo-Force suit
-Toshiya's Arbalest
-Squieu's noName 4
Now I also have something to say about each of these people and their building:
-Mumu- Is probably best known for his Hazel unit. As much as this is awesome, his other mecha aren't much to speak about. Normally he builds cuter stuff.
-Izzo- Izzo builds all over the place mecha. He has so much STUFF on his brickshelf account that I don't even want to try to find you anything. Just randomly click, and see awesome robots.
-Jehkay- Is the one I really want to talk about. I found him on flickr one day, building these strangely connected-multi-bleyed mecha. I think that they're amazingly awesome. Now a lot of other people know him, but that doesn't matter. He has a really cool unique style.
-Toshiya- Usually builds funny brick-built mecha. He too has a unique style, and his entire gallery is a fun go-around. I especially like his Bancho.
-Squieu- Okay. Squieu's just weird. I think his grabbie bits would just wear out after all this time! He too has a certain style, normally these stout, complicated mecha dudes. I love his gallery.

Alright. That's all fer today. I'm not even gonna try to Technorati this post however, way too much.

9 comments:

Bren said...

I almost blogged Moko's Gojira last night, good thing I didn't!

Guess now's a good time to pester you about link updates for my site. New website it at:
http://masokotanga.unicornbreak.com
and for the blog, just at /blog to the end of the site.

Much thanks! Awesome blog!

Mike said...

I am not getting impatient. When's the next update? huh? huh? oh, sorry. I love your blogging style. Lukas, keep it up. ;-)

Andrew B. said...

Great post, Lukas. Thanks especially for linking to the Japanese builder discussion on C-S. I'd missed that, and just posted a fairly lengthy reply.

Anonymous said...

I just posted a comment on Moko's blog. I hope babelfish worked.

Anonymous said...

(about Godzilla that is)

Unknown said...

2015-7-25 xiaozhengm
true religion
abercrombie outlet
michael kors handbags
coach outlet online
oakley sunglasses
kate spade handbags
true religion outlet
nike blazer
hollister clothing
ray ban glasses
coach outlet
ralph lauren
michael kors outlet
tory burch outlet online
cheap ray ban sunglasses
kate spade uk
longchamp pas cher
gucci outlet online
soccer jerseys wholesale
cheap oakley sunglasses
pandora charms
oakley sunglasses wholesale
michael kors
rolex watches
coach outlet store online
fitflops outlet
sac longchamp
michael kors outlet
burberry outlet
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
ed hardy
louboutin pas cher
true religion jeans
chaussure louboutin
coach outlet online
gucci uk
burberry sale
pandora jewelry
coach factory outlet

Unknown said...

qihang0916,juicy couture
toms outlet
louboutin pas cher
ugg slippers
hermes uk
nike air force 1
michael kors handbags
ugg outlet
hollister kids
tommy hilfiger outlet
ralph lauren pas cher
moncler jackets
swarov ski jewelry
timberland boots uk
mulberry handbags
hollister
nike tn
lebron james shoes
cheap uggs
barbour jackets
uggs on sale
ralph lauren uk
longchamp pas cher
vans shoes
hollister uk
chaussure louboutin
toms wedges
michael kors outlet online
cheap versace
pandora bracelets
nike air huarache
toms shoes
air max 90
air force 1
air max
canada goose uk
instyler max
q

yanmaneee said...

goyard
balenciaga
golden goose
goyard
goyard
golden goose
goyard
goyard handbags
yeezy
yeezy

shathyez said...

see try this my link check here about his informative post