18.9.06

JAPANESE STUFF IS HAPPEN


Brickshelf user Kerouac, who is beleived to be the retired Gla-Gla by some (I'm pointing at you, Soren) has made a really neat Scopedog from VOTOMS. VOTOMS is an early mecha anime, with a different kind of mecha than was common then. They were much more industrial and whatever. shorter too. This is also his third version. 3 colors too, that's awesome. One of my favorite bits, is the figs actually. He made a really good air feed tube using a minifig arm attatched to a certain minifig headgear.

And Squieu (I think I spelled that right, darn you funky japanese names) has had a bit of miscellany popping up recently. Here they are (I won't go into too much detail):
[Guy with Messed up Hand]
[Wight]
[Flying Thing]
[Mini Tank]
[Military-looking dude]
[Quadraped]
Squieu has a really interesting building style. Tons of grabbie bits and SNOT cubes. I kind of like it too, I've tried building some of his mecha frames, like the Compact Body Design. The last link there, the quardaped, is my favorite. I just like the compact design (I'm always one for the smallest available answer) and the overall shape. I think I'll try to build something like it soon.

Shinji-o, who might be known for his awesome Centaur Design, has been making some WWII Vehicles of War. A Half-Track, 88mm Flak gun, and SchwimmWagon (swim wagon?) They are pretty nice, and pretty much minifig-scale. Dunno. Just felt I should show you guys some cool stuff. Also check out Shinji's "monsters," they're awesome.

LMO-JAPAN seems to be the Japanese equivalent of Brickfest. And it looks like it's going on right about now. Just browse through those folders, it's really interesting.