3.9.06

Industrial and Tranforming Mecha


First off: If you noticed, Nick and Jordan disappeared from the users list. I'm having problems switching to Blogger Beta, and the members page automatically undid-them. I still haven't figured out what's going on, but hopefully they'll get back soon enough.

Second, go check out The Brothers Brick. Andrew (aka Dunechaser) has added Nathan Wells and Linus Bohman to their member list! This great blog just got 2x better! Also, something I found in one of the (many) recent posts there...

Izzo's Industrial robos! These guys are awesome. He has a Loader, A Cement mixer/dauber, a Carrier, and a...Forest Walker? Izzo's photography suddenly jumped up while making these, with the nice white abyss to accompany the mecha. They all have a unique style, and from the looks of it, some was inspired by Izmojuki. They all have great joints and an interesting style. Great job Izzo! I give the whole group an 8.5 out of ten, because ya know, they could be better.

Another Japanese builder, who on Brickshelf is called tkh (he is known for small-scale brick-built mecha mostly), has built some transformers. At first it just looks like one big blue/red mecha, but it splints into two small mecha, and then they can transform in to two trucks?! How awesome is that! Definately gets a 9/10, because they have a lot of studs and in some parts look kind of clunky.

One last bit, (I always seem to be making huge posts nowadays, but at least that isn't a bad thing) I'm hosting a Concept Car Contest! Read more about it here.

1 comment:

Linus Bohman said...

Yeah, I regret switching to beta on PTW myself. A lot of stuff is unsupported as of yet - among them multiple users. I hope it'll get better soon, but unfortunately that essentially means you'll have to go nick- and jordan-less in the meantime.

That is if things haven't changed in the week I've been away from the 'net.