28.8.06

Phil and Brickfest


Snoikle got an interview with Phil Painter (aka cerebruminc.) The interview is about his new ship, the ci LL928. It's so smooth in a studdy kind of way with a low profile armored kind of feel. I just loves it. Definately deserves. a 9.8 or so outta 10. Phil also posted an MRV (as he calls it) which is pretty cool, albiet being pretty simplistic. Probably Phil's most well-knows creation is his ci Maximum. It's a nice sleek racer ship (which was the main inspiration for my g2 Maximum.) I think he's had these for a while, but only now are the instructions up! Phil's the man. Especially because he's in Michigan with me :-D

I also have some brickfest '06 pics up if you want to see them. My flickr contact pages are crawling with other pictures, and some galleries are starting to pop up on brickshelf. Now as I've been to one however, it's really hard to capture the spirit of brickfest in just pics and nice words. You just kinda have to be there.

And something to all you flickr-ites. When you make a set of pics (through organizr) make sure you check out the set yourself, and click "make stuff," a button in the upper left. You can make calendars and mini-pic books through Qoop. You can also make those kind of things via other photo websites, like facebook and photobucket. Check it out.

And at brickfest, during a conversation with Jonesy, I learned about last.fm. Last.fm is similar to the Pandora web-radio I posted about, but it seems a lot better (haven't tried it out yet.) It scans your iTunes, and the songs you listen to, to make a station. Not a whole lot different, but it gives you more of a running start with it checking what kind of songs you like in vast quantities first off. I thought it sounded neat. I'll have more on that once I try it out (sometime this week probably.)

One last thing (as I suddenly realize how long this post is,) I'll be trying to integrate Technorati into my posts.

6 comments:

Andrew B. said...

Hurray for Technorati tagging, and thanks for the 'fest report!

Andrew B. said...

Oh, and here's a comment for you I was going to leave on Snoikle, but that didn't make sense, so here it is on your blog instead:

Lukas, manual trackbacking is good, given that Blogger doesn't support it, but you don't need "www" on the front of your address, and you might want to link to your post, instead of your blog's top page, like this:

http://brickstuff.blogspot.com/2006/08/phil-and-brickfest.html

Blogger does allow HTML in comments, though, so you may as well make it a hotlink too.

Lukas said...

Um, okay. I think I follow you but not sure what you mean with the html in comments. Could you um...explain again?

Sorry :\

Andrew B. said...

Hey, no need to apologize -- I'm the one bein' preachy! :-D

I just meant that you can use tags like HREF to make your addresses real links. People are more likely to click a link rather than copying and pasting your address into their browsers. :-)

Of course, some people don't like commenters leaving links, because that means they leave the blog to follow the link. Depends on the blog, I guess. :-\

Lukas said...

Okay, I'm catching on. What is manual trackbacking, and how can I fix this dreadful problem?

I'm getting there :-D

Andrew B. said...

(I'll get you to Most Comments Evar! yet.)

You know what a trackback is, right? Some blogging tools (not Blogger) can automatically notify other blogs that you've linked to them. That's a trackback. What I meant by "manual trackbacking" is leaving a link back to your blog yourself ("manually" = "by hand"), instead of having Blogger to do it for you, since it can't.

Hope that helped!