29.8.06

Concepts



I've been posting quite frequently...don't expect that to keep up with the long posts I've been making. This one will be a bit shorter.

I tried last.fm out. It rocks. There's one big difference between last.fm and Pandora, that being the likeness of the music being played. In last.fm, it playes a genre of music, while in Pandora, it plays a certain style of music. I find myself not enjoying songs as much as I did while using Pandora, but the interfaces are nicer and you can share what you're playing with other people and such. I'll probably end up using last.fm more, but Pandora still is a good choice, and is a bit simpler if all you want is some good music, not good music, a music community, and lots of music info.

Brickshelf user hidaka has made a very sweet concept car. From the pics, it looks a lot larger than just 6 studs wide and 13 studs long. I'm horrid at getting that kind of effect, but his is great. It looks like the kind of car Bill Gates will drive in another 8 years or so. Kinda like an ultra-segway. Nice color use too, with the red blocking in the driver's seat, with a simplistic design. It just flows nicely together. 8/10 (in case you haven't noticed, I'll be doing short MOC reviews occasionally with an outta ten score near the end. I might end up doing set reviews too. Tomorrow I go to Toys 'r' Us, we'll see what I do then.)
Also check out hidaka's other cars, as well as all of his (I'm assuming it's a he anyway) keyboards and pianos and whatnot. Very nicely done, all of them.


2 comments:

Linus Bohman said...

Hey, that's a pretty funky car. Never seen it before. Excellent find Lukas!

I wish you luck with your scoring system - I've found them hard to use while not saying much. I guess my problem lies in describing something abstract - in this case 'goodness', 'approval', 'beauty' or something along those lines - on a scale. That's not saying it wont work for you though! :-)

Since we're on the subject, I'm actually working on an article that tries to break down what a good moc really is. It will be highly analytical, but I think it'll be pretty useful. I hope so, at least.

Lukas said...

Oh yeah, definately. The hardest part on that will be narrowing it down to one topic, or else that artical will be HUGE!!