13.10.06

I'm at a loss of words.


Aw man. I've been so busy lately. School, homework, swimteam (I swam a 1:32.65 400 freestyle!!) and other stuff (including a new kitten.) So, I haven't been able to blog a lot. That's okay though, because after checking, not a ton of stuff has been going on.

There is some stuff though. Cool stuff.
Like brickshelf mikepsiaki built a nifty WWII Corsair fighter. Now, this is version 2.1, apparently. So obviously he's made some improvements, but it's just awesome! The wings fold up, nicely integrated landing gear, and an awesome hatch system! Sweetness in blue. Great SNOTwork on the front bit too, with those 1x2 curvy slope bits.

And squieu (after reading my social studies book, I learned about this french philosopher named Montesquieu. Connection?) who is always one of my favorites, has made some Evangelion units, from the show Neon Genesis Evangelion. I've only seen the show once, and it was really fast-moving and confusing, but maybe that was just the episode I saw. By Squieu standards, these are pretty simplistic, but they're very accurate in still such a small scale. I'm wondering where he got those modified 1x1 plates with the round bit on the side and 2 opposite-facing studs in green....

I recently found a good Halo moc (lolomgyay). I've never played halo, but from what I've heard it's a pretty neat game and whatever. There is a vehicle in the game called a ghost, which looks like a funky purple speederbike-like thing. Purple in lego is pretty rare, so lego builders normally use dark red, dark blue, red, or blue. This ghost is Dark Red, but what I would like to point out is the beautiful plate sculpting. Great smooth look there Dean! (roamin candle to some) My only complain is the 1 stud wide seat area, but with a fig covering it up, it's hardly noticeable.

There's this one guy on brickshelf that I've paid attention to for the past 1.6 years in my online lego life. It's tiger0207, and man, he does some strange stuff. It's not really MOC's in any way, but with a mix of awesome photography (them minifigs r float!!1) and awesome minifigs! I've only ever found one revealing picture! He also seems to have some sort of special-made weapons I've never seen before (from Red Bean or Littlearmory or anything.) Anyway, all I'm saying is that he's a pretty weird guy, and he now has a blog.

I think I've blogged him before, but kerouac has made some new mecha, seemingly from gundam. There's nothing totally new and spectacular about these guys (well actually, they are pretty spectacular) but what I want to mention the scale. I look at them and go "Yeah that's pretty cool." Then I lean in closer and see that the chest is only 5 studs wide and I go "Whoah." They look so much larger than they are, with tons of cool details thrown in. I especially like the hands.

That's all. I've decided not to technorati much anymore, as I've lost my statcounter and I don't think it matters tons. Oh well. Enjoy.

P.S. Yes, I'm building. Slowly. Please be patient.