28.10.06

Bluh-Bluh-Blubbity-Bluh


A bit of a late update this week, I try to post every friday but I've been pretty busy still.

I normally try to avoid blogging things other blogs have blogged (whoah) but Felix Grecko's New Airship is too good to pass up. Even the two shades of Brown look fine together! The "bubbles" on the bottom are awesome, give it a real good idea of how it would fly (in... a fantasy world) and the use of the Jabba's sail Barge Sails is excellent. Plus, the crew looks cool.

Kyle Vrieze, who I got to meet a brickfest, has made 3 models highlighting some other builder's ideas. The Cheribum inspired this guy, Soren's frame for this one, and one of Jamie Neufields for the bike. I just thought that was great, being able to add a builder's own style to other people's designs. I wish I could do it that well!

And what would a post be on bbv2 without either squieu or Moko? This time you can have both! Squieu built a tiny mecha person, but what I like is the "cross-section" veiw. Moko, on the other hand, built big this time. And strangely enough, he has a sort of "cross-section" veiw too. Some Japanese contest maybe? Maybe...

Tim Gould, rendering extraordinaire, has made a nifty semi-futuristing cargo carrier. I've been trying to build something like this with propellors for a while now, but in steampunk. It's a really nice model, but the colors look kind of jumbled and could have gone without the blue.

Now for a RLOSIDWTTA!!!
-Spook's awesome Laser Frigate
-Junker Bandits Build-Off!
-Mini-Maersk Carrier VTOL

That's it really. Nothing much this week. Check out other blogs fore more info on stuff, I gotta go.
I've also decided to do what Dez has been doing, musical influences!

Musical Motivation: Franz Ferdinand

3 comments:

Mike said...

Hehe. It's cool when blogs start stealing stuff from each other, at least, when it's MOCs that need to be blogged, or ideas like the musical reference. It should be said however, I totally ripped that idea from Brenden. It's fun to just browse your iTunes for a post name.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging my latest round of MOCs, dude. Also, that mech from Moko is astounding. We're not worthy...

Bren said...

I usually title with a song name, 's like hidden influence.